Brief & Background
Our consumer events programme in summer 2019 reached thousands of consumers to an overwhelmingly positive reception. One of the brands we showcased at the Great British Food Festival and CarFest South was Hornby Hobbies.
Hornby Hobbies wanted to raise awareness for the Airfix and Corgi brands by engaging directly with their target consumers via our events programme.
The Good Toy Guide team demonstrated Corgi Chunkies at The Great British Food Festival to 10,000 people. They then took Chunkies and Airfix Quick Build to CarFest South and shared them with 55,000 people.
Summary of services provided
- Product demonstrations across two brands and ranges at two family festivals during summer 2019
- Promoting the benefits of the products, as discovered during the Good Toy Guide evaluation process, to parents and carers while children played
- Inclusion of the Corgi and Airfix brands in promotion for the consumer events
How we helped
- Hornby Hobbies also attended CarFest South and North independently with the Scalextric brand. At CarFest South, the Scalextric tent was 100m away from the Good Toy Zone tent
- At CarFest South (with the Good Toy Guide demonstrating the product) Hornby Hobbies sold three times more Corgi and Airfix products than they did at CarFest North (without Good Toy Guide demonstrating)
- The events boosted brand awareness among the target audience, and trust in the brand via the independent endorsement from the Good Toy Guide team
- Social media and PR support throughout the lead up, during, and after the events helped to further promote the brand and drive footfall on the day
- Professional photos of children playing with the products provided for Hornby Hobbies’ own use
- All logistics and roll-out for the events was taken care of by the Good Toy Guide team, reducing the cost of exhibiting for Hornby Hobbies, by freeing up the team’s time