Brief & Background
We partnered with The Entertainer for our Balancing Play campaign, to spread the message via a wide range of channels including a survey with parents and resulting PR campaign, video content with Amanda Gummer and in-store play days with the Good Toy Guide demo team.
The survey, which was also in collaboration with Theodora’s charity and The Genius of Play, was carried out with over 1,000 parents to understand how and what children in the UK and US play. The resulting statistics were then shared and Amanda provided expert comment at a media day to create coverage for the story, which had a reach of two million people.
Throughout the summer holidays, weekly in-store demos across all 163 Entertainer UK stores, as well as six flagship ‘Expert Events’, were hosted by the Good Toy Guide team. Good Toys which promote a healthy ‘play diet’ were showcased and the concept introduced to parents.
Summary of services provided
- Expert survey with parents
- In-store product demonstrations in flagship stores, promoting Good Toys from The Entertainer which fit with the Balancing Play model
- Expert endorsement and spokesperson provided for media day
This summer we're working with top child psychologist, Amanda Gummer, from Fundamentally Children to help promote a more balanced approach to play!Play is a ...
How we helped
- Increased in-store sales and customer satisfaction
- Enhanced brand credibility with expert association
- Improved brand awareness from all activity